QL5 Firmware V4.10-2 (Previous version)
Dante firmware has been changed to "18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124-1.3.4". This change corresponds to the hardware change of the Dante module due to the completion of part production. The function is the same as the previous version "126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52-1.3.2", and there is no change in the product firmware. Therefore, customers already using V4.10 do not need updating. In addition, Dante firmware "184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11-1.3.2" and "18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124-1.3.4" products can be used together. Please refer to the version compatibility table of each device.
Please do not use the EEE function (*) of network switches in a Dante network.
Although power management should be negotiated automatically in switches that support EEE, some switches do not perform the negotiation properly. This may cause EEE to be enabled in Dante networks when it is not appropriate, resulting in poor synchronization performance and occasional dropouts.Therefore we strongly recommend that:
- - If you use managed switches, ensure that they allow EEE to be disabled. Make sure that EEE is disabled on all ports used for real-time Dante traffic.
- - If you use unmanaged switches, make sure to not use network switches that support EEE
- * EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet) is a technology that reduces switch power consumption during periods of low network traffic. It is also known as Green Ethernet and IEEE802.3az.
Cautions for Dante Firmware
- You need to update the Dante-MY16-AUD firmware to V3.3.9 or later before using the Dante-MY16-AUD with the CL series.
- The Dante Firmware Update Manager since v126.96.36.199 for Windows does not support Windows XP. Please use Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10.
CL/QL/RIVAGE/R/Tio Series Editor/Firmware/R Remote Compatibility
Please make sure to use appropriate version of CL Editor or QL Editor which is compatible with your console firmware in reference to the following compatibility chart. Using an unsupported Editor/firmware combination may result in unexpected behavior.
The Firmware Set is a set of main (and sub) firmware of the device and the Dante firmware. The version of Firmware Set is the same as the version of the main firmware. Refer to the release note of each firmware about the details of the Firmware Set.
Main Revisions and Enhancements
- You can use the following amount of CL/QL/R Remote units to remotely control each device unit (listed at left).
RSio64-D/Tio1608-D: Maximum of two CL/QL/R Remote unitsRMio64-D: Maximum of six CL/QL/R Remote unitsRio/Ri/Ro: Maximum of four CL/QL units plus two separate computers operating R Remote.
- You can connect maximum of ten iOS devices operating MonitorMix.
New features in V4.10
- Now supports the AES67 standard for audio-over-IP interoperability.
- Now supports the "Dante Device Lock" function.
- You can now control the Shure ATX400, QLXD4 and ULXD4 devices, which do not support Dante.
- You can now set “DHCP” and “STATIC IP” for the use of remote control.
Make sure to assign the IP address for device control to a different subnet from that for mixer control. If both addresses are set to the same subnet, the device control and the mixer control will not work.
- Now supports Audinate Dante-MY16-AUD2 and d&b audiotechnik DS10.
Assign the following device labels by Dante Controller to detect as a SUPPORTED DEVICE.
Y###-********** # is a UNIT ID, a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)
* indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or -(hyphen) may be used)
- You can now set an EQ type to entire channels at once.
- Added a function to display the status of the internal Sampling Rate Converter in MY8-AE96S MY card inserted into the RSio64-D.
Improvements in V4.10
- Color name is also shown on the Channel Color Select buttons.
- When the Dante network does not link as Gigabit Ethernet, a message will appear on the lower part of the LCD.
- The selection of EQ band is now linked between the panel and the touch screen.
- In the RTA screen, visibility of frequency analysis has been improved by adding the “Changing the scale” parameter and the “Gain offset” parameter.
- The channel name and the effect type are now displayed on the PATCH/NAME popup window, the CH SELECT popup window and the PORT SELECT popup window.
- You can now switch the EQ type of the PRECISE type EQ to “Shelving-type” or “Filter” by pressing and turning the Q knob.
- The range of the fader calibration is now extended on the point of 0db.
Fixed bugs in V4.10
- Solved a problem in which, when a RSio64-D is not mounted, loading a console file (for which the RSio64-D had previously been mounted) would initialize the user patch settings, since the console could not retrieve the device settings correctly.
- Solved a problem in which defeating a 31-band GEQ LINK setting would also defeat the link setting on adjacent racks.
- If Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) is patched to the QL series device using Dante Controller, the patching may not be recalled correctly when the QL series device is restarted. In such cases, patch the DVS again. In addition, when using a version of DVS for Windows that is older than v3.2.0, patches after CH41 cannot be performed from QL series consoles.
- Loading of a file created by version V1.15 or older will not include the mount information of Dante devices other than any connected R-series. It is the same when recalling a DANTE INPUT PATCH LIBRARY. Please reset MOUNT, PATCH, and DANTE INPUT PATCH Library data using V1.51 or later if necessary.
- When setting up the latency in Dante Controller, and there is a discrepancy in latency with the transmit device or the receive device, the largest (slowest) latency setting becomes effective.
- The following device labels are used for detecting a SUPPORTED DEVICE. (except Dante non-supported devices)
Y###-**********# is a three-digit hexadecimal number containing the digits 0 - 9 and uppercase A - F (000 - FFF)*indicates any desired character (alphabetical uppercase or lowercase, numerals, or -(hyphen) may be used)Up to 31 characters including the 'Y' are supported.For the R-series, make sure that the ID indicated by Y###- is not duplicated by any other R-series unit, even if it is a different size.
- In V2.0 and later, custom fader bank settings are not only included in user settings, but in scene data as well. The custom fader bank settings that are called up vary depending on the logged-in user, the type of the loaded data, and the version. Please note the following points:
If you load console data of the ALL type as Administrator, the custom fader bank settings for the saved Administrator are recalled. If you load ALL data as Guest or another user, the custom fader bank settings for the saved current scene are called up.If you load ALL data that was saved in CL V1.70 or earlier, since scenes do not include custom fader bank settings, the custom fader bank settings for the current scene when the load was performed are applied to all scenes. Therefore, before loading ALL data, we recommend that you either change users to set the custom fader bank to the desired setting, or that you enable Recall Safe for the custom fader bank.
- File Converter V5.0.0, compatible with CL firmware V2.xx, V3.xx, V4.xx and V5.xx and QL firmware V3.xx, V4.xx and V5.xx has been made available for use.
라이선스 동의 및 파일 다운로드
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY ABORT USING THE SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Yamaha hereby grants you a license to use copy(ies) of the software program(s) and data ("SOFTWARE") accompanying this Agreement, only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. The term SOFTWARE shall encompass any updates to the accompanying software and data. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha's licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions. While you are entitled to claim ownership of the data created with the use of SOFTWARE, the SOFTWARE will continue to be protected under relevant copyrights.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE in any manner that might infringe third party copyrighted material or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to use.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
This Agreement becomes effective on the day that you receive the SOFTWARE and remains effective until terminated. If any copyright law or provision of this Agreement is violated, this Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately abort using the SOFTWARE and destroy any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA'S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
6. OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE
This SOFTWARE may include the software or its modifications which include any open source licenses, including but not limited to GNU General Public License or Lesser General Public License ("OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE"). Your use of OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is subject to the license terms specified by each rights holder. If there is a conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and each open source license, the open source license terms will prevail only where there is a conflict.
7. THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE AND SERVICE
Third party software, service and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. IF, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the terms of any agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a “commercial item,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein.
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. All legal notices, notice of disputes and demands for arbitration, and any other notice which purports to change these provisions or to assert legal entitlements must be sent in writing to:
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 430-8650, Japan
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.
Yamaha may amend, revise or update this Agreement at its discretion. Any change or update that Yamaha makes to this Agreement will be effective after you agree with the updated terms of this Agreement or use this SOFTWARE.
Last updated :January 28, 2020